Northern Land Use Research, Inc. out of Fairbanks is looking for a GIS / field technician to assist with their archaeological project associated with http://www.susitna-watanahydro.org/.
The point of hire is Fairbanks. Room and board is provided in the field. The tentative field schedule is June 15 to August 15 and is VERY subject to change but plan on being out for 2 mos with 2 breaks usually around 7/4 and 8/1. The pay is around $22-25/hr. DOE. The hours are 10hrs/7days wk (guaranteed overtime). Transportation to the archaeological sites will be provided by helicopter and possibly road. Crews will work in a remote field camp near the project area. Archaeological experience is not necessary--an ability to manage field data is.
Duties for the Field GIS tech/specialist include:
-Familiarity with Trimble GeoXT GPS, Terra Sync, Pathfinder Office, ArcPad and ArcMap 10.
- Initial quality control of incoming field data collected on GPS.
- Daily data downloads and transmission via ftp site to NLUR-FAI
- Daily coordination with our NLUR GIS specialist in Fairbanks.
- Daily download of field photos, renaming, compressing and sending via ftp.
- Nightly map making of sites within the project area.
If interested, send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or contact the hiring authority:
Field Operations Manager/Senior Project Archaeologist
Northern Land Use Research, Inc.
234 Front St.
Fairbanks, AK 99709